Saturday, March 7, 2015

Introducing Myself...


I'm Jane Godman, I'm delighted to be a new member of the team and wanted to say 'hello' and introduce myself. 

I am an avid reader, reading anything from Jane Austen to Stephen King and everything in between. I have written stories ever since I could hold a pencil and I still have a copy of the medieval romance I wrote, longhand and in felt tip pen, when I was 14.

I live in England and love to travel to European cities which are steeped in history and romance. Venice, Dubrovnik and Vienna are among my favourites. I am a teacher, married to a lovely man and mum to two grown up children.

I write in variety of different genres, which I love because it keeps my interest levels at the highest pitch. Most of what I write is paranormal or includes supernatural elements. 

I have written a very dark erotic romantic suspense series for Secret Cravings Publishing entitled The Cunning Prophet Series. The first book, One for Sorrow, will be published on March 18th and is available now to pre-order. Of course, it’s a Jane Godman title so there is no escaping the supernatural elements within the story. 

In June this year, A Kiss for a Highlander, the first book in my new historical romance series will be published by Samhain. Set in the 18th century, the series is called The Georgian Rebel Series and it features ‘powder, patch, plaid and passion’. These are the only books I’ve written that do not feature any paranormal elements. They are still very steamy, however! 

I also write gothic romances - think love stories with a dash of horror, romance with a creepily ever after. Crumbling manor houses, gloomy corridors, ghostly apparitions and eerie secrets…I just can’t resist them. Which is why I was so delighted when my Jago Legacy series of historical gothic romances were published in 2014 by Harlequin in their Shivers series.

Twelve months on and sadly, Harlequin have now closed their Shivers line to further submissions. Because I want to continue the Jago Legacy series--I can’t just let my mad, bad Jagos die out!--I have begun the process of self-publishing these titles.

I’m also very excited about my current project. I’m working on a three book series for Harlequin in their Nocturne (paranormal) line. These are contemporary romances based loosely around my love of Celtic legend. I'm looking forward to sharing more information about these books on this blog! 

Oh, and while I'm talking about books I have coming out this year, let’s not forget the horror novella that will be out in the Autumn!

So that's me. I'm looking forward to sharing more about my paranormal projects here.

I love to hear from readers and can be contacted at:

1 comment:

  1. You're books sound wonderful. I love romance with a dash of horror - Actually, I love anything with a dash of horror :)

    I was just in London for the first time in November. We loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!