Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Ghosts

Do you believe in ghosts?




I don't know how to answer that one. I'm not sure yet.

But the whole concept fascinates me. I'm not scared of ghosts so much although I may be if I see one, but I just wonder why a spirit would hover around and haunt. What is it up to? That's if they are real. One of the series I'm into at the moment is Ghost Whisperer. I love the concept of the main character helping the dead people find closure or healing so that they are ready to move onto the next life. A series I've been reading by Joya Fields features ghosts and a similar concept - that they don't feel ready to move on yet. It just calls for fascinating reading. You can find it here: Hauntings at Inner Harbor Series

I've also been reading a few physic  / non-fiction books. I'm a total sceptic, but I love reading about people's real-life experiences with ghosts. I don't think I could handle seeing them myself, but I think it's interesting reading about other people's happenings.

Anyway, I had to bring ghosts into one of my books. It's a new release which came out a couple of weeks ago. The blurb doesn't mention a ghost, but as you read on, you will discover the ghost at play in the story.


Romance Writer in Training...

Joanie wants to get her romances published but can't seem to get things right with her writing. She buys an antique bureau which the shopkeeper says has magic working through it. While using her new bureau, she begins to talk to the hero in her book, asking his advice on writing, all the while thinking it's her own imagination. She promises he can live in her home, eat at her table and sleep in her bed, if he helps her with her writing. She doesn't think he will actually knock on her door and insist she keep her promise.

He's made a wish...

Theo has also bought a magic chest of drawers that brings him into Joanie's life. He wants to settle down with one woman, tired of shallow relationships, and Joanie seems like the perfect candidate if it weren't for her insistence on getting rid of him.

Against her will...

The magic keeps on forcing them to live together and Joanie's not happy. This is her first year alone and she's been craving time to herself after looking after her younger siblings and an ailing aunt. Theo's presence in her home, although unwanted, stirs up needs she's suppressed for years. When they start to discover things about the magic and why it's bringing them together, will Joanie recognize another type of magic at work? Will she succumb to the charm of Theo or will her need for breathing space pull them apart?



Buy on Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!